Monday, July 27, 2009

a favorite...

This is one of my favorite movies...




I have always liked Marie Antoinette - well it started with high school French Class when we read "Les Miserables" and studied the French Revolution. The history fascinated me - During high school, I also read "The Queen's Confession" by Victoria Holt. I was sold - she was one of my favorite historical figures.

This movie's imagery is amazing - I love the soundtrack and costumes. It is perfect.Oh yeah - Kirsten Dunst is one of my favs too. Sofia Coppola did an incredible job with this film.


If only I could visit Versailles....maybe one day.

2 comments:

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

I need to get out more! I'm embarrassed to say I've not seen the movie...but you've intrigued me:) I'll have to get out and rent it.

Anonymous said...

I love this movie too. Top of the list, love the clothes! You jewel shop is fabulous, btw!
~Mecca
www.therubykitten.etsy.com

 
template by suckmylolly.com - header image (c) historypicks.com