Thursday, October 9, 2008

newbie...

I am rather new to esty and I am still trying to figure out what works, when to list, how to tag, pricing, etc. There is so much to learn. I have spent some time in the etsy storque - they have pretty cool resources there.

I am also thinking of advertising although I am a little hesitant. I think I need more inventory in my shop and I think I need to nail down some packing and shipping materials. I don't know how to make my packages cute with vintage items yet - I am still working on that one. I was thinking about including a button (flair) in each package. I don't have a button maker - even though I desperately want one. They are a little pricey - $150 on ebay - so I think I will get a coworker at my real job to make some for me since he has one. Maybe he will give me a dealio.

I decided to bite the bullet and add international shipping even though I am intimidated by customs forms and knowing exactly how much to charge. Does anyone have any pointers?

I also want to order MOO cards - but I think I need to have more inventory for that as well. I have lots of new things to add - I just need to take the pics. I mean by the time I get home from work - the daylight is gone and all my pics look horrible with artificial light.

I guess I am off to do more research on all these unknowns.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com - header image (c) historypicks.com